Monday 22 February 2016

New Lannies from S&S Models

The Saturday morning post brought a clutch of Land Rovers I ordered from S&S Models two weeks ago. There's a 1/2 ton 'Airportable' Recce, 1/2 ton FFR (Fitted For Radio), 1/2 ton with cnvas tilt and finally a Land Rover Ambulance.



Forgot I'd ordered the 1/2 ton with tilt to be honest. Nevertheless It's the sort of 'kit' I like. Body and 4 wheels, job done! Looking at it in my hand I'm wondering about turning it into an armoured Lannie. Not too hard to do

And the Ambulance? It's joining the resistance!

Cheers
Mark

10 comments:

  1. I love the S&S lannies! Got a "Dougal" & the 1/2 ton FFR - beautiful models. Looking forward to seeing yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit "Off Topic", but any suggestions for Bedford MK 4 tonners? The JB / Airfix kits are like rocking horse poo and sell for silly money on ebay.
    Do you think we could plead with the likes of S&S models to produce one??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to trying out your "Winter of 79" rules at Devon Wargames Group this Saturday. I think you have a different take on a neglected subject and it will be interesting to see how it plays.

    Vince

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any downloadable Quick Reference Sheet available ?

    Vince

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is always good stuff and this post particularly strikes a chord as I spent many years zooming around in these! The ambulances were/are great if a little heavy. I look forward to seeing them painted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a fair while since any new posts, hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all is well, too, mate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. any idea if this site is still active ?
    if not has it moved to some other site ?
    info would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why no posts on this blog since February?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent, when I get back to my Cold War stuff I will add sone. Looking forward to the completed models

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete