Wednesday 12 January 2011

Snatch Squad WIP

I've stopped to watch a couple of episodes of LIFE ON MARS whilst I have me 'oops. Here's the work in progress 'snatch  squad'.


The 'Glengarry' heads are attached with Blutack for now whilst I work out best positioning. May or may not change those heads with respirators to standard helmets and riot visors. Ideally I'd reposition the arms for greater variety but these guys are just a fun aside. Unfortunately they are cast with the right arm attached to the kidney (bum) pouches - more effort than it's worth.


BTW, I recommed the Osprey Elite series  Security Forces in Northern Ireland 1969-92. To my mind it's the best of the Osprey books on the British army of the 70's and 80's. It's also directly relevant to Winter of '79.

Cheers
Mark

8 comments:

  1. They look great. The headswops look good, at first I thought the bluetack was scarves.
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Great! This site is fast becoming one of my favorites! It is keeping me motivated as I have been painting miniatures and building structures for a ficticious Irish Rebellion during the same period!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the by, I love Life on Mars. The BBC series, not the ABC twaddle taht followed it. You should definitely field a few PCs and DCIs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I've subsequently altered one the figures to be bareheaded as if he's lost his Glengarry/helmet in a scuffle.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who makes the snatch squad figures? Sorry if the info. is else where on your site but I couldn't find it.

    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS I have to say that I really enjoyed your site some great figures and really interesting information. I have been thinking of doing something similar. You have done some superb work here!

    best regards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eureka Miniatures - they were a special commission by Mike.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the positive comments!

    Had a frustrating day at work - so much appreciated!

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete