.Started painting the remaining Platoon 20 Falklands Paras in full DPM combats today. It's 40 minutes per figure all in, say, 30 for the DPM effect as opposed to only 10 minutes to paint the combat jacket.
I think the final result is more US Army Woodland than DPM, but that's me being picky and the difference in 20mm is minimal. Still using GW paints as they are easy to get and replace to be honest and this effect was achieved using them straight out of the pot.
1. Black undercoatNote that the early FN SLR's had wooden furniture so are painted here in GW Calthan Brown with a Devlan Mud wash.
2. Heavy drybrush of GW Catachan Green over whole figure including webbing.
3. Pick out 'tan' spots with GW Kommando Khaki. 3 per arm and 4-5 per leg.
4. GW Gnarloc Green 'green' spots
5. GW Scorched Brown, applied in swathes with two 'fingers' going across the green/tan areas.
6. GW Chaos Black, applied in crooked lines to breakdown large areas of plain colour.
7. GW Devlan Mud wash applied over all camo areas.
Now just left to highlight/weather to taste.