Wednesday 20 October 2010

Eureka!!!













When first bitten by the 79 bug I approached Eureka Miniatures with the idea of doing a small range. Although Nic probably thought I was mad he agreed. What I wanted was British Infantry in light kit suitable for IS duties. I also wanted a figure in riot gear. Originally I had requested variants wearing the Para steel pot as I thought they would make great shock troops or another faction. But decided against it due to cost. Nic brought in Mike Broadbent as sculptor, I sent off some pics and sat back and waited. Earlier this month while talking to Nic about something else he mentioned that the figs were almost ready and were about to be sent out. I got home last night and there they were. I have attached some poor pics.

Cheers
MajorMike
.

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff Mike, thanks for sharing the pics! Glad they are here at last!

    The riot squaddie looks like he is a blast! The photo is a bit fuzzy but the SR6 Respirator looks more Zombie Apocalypse than Falls Road.

    Must buy more Elheim Zombies!

    As they stand great for government foot patrols in Borchester Council Estate.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take better pics tonight, Heid was killing me this morning.
    What do you think of the SLRs? Barrel looks a bit long to me. Easily fixed though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might be slightly too long Mike, but it's hard to tell from the pics. Anyhoo, I prefer the barrels to be too long rather than cast too short.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the minis Mike. The barrel length is fine. The SLRs are crude buggers though (no handles), and the barrel is too thin IMO from a practical gaming perspective - will be lucky if 50% survive their first outing down at the club without being bent 90 degrees or broken off.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! What's that set called?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if they've been released for public sale., they began as a private commission.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete