Wednesday 28 September 2011

Whitehall: One of the M.I.s....S Branch



"There's been a contact. Damn it Tom! The bloody hats have tipped our game too early."

"Any news yet sir?"

"No. The CO on the ground assures me the area has been sealed off. But this isn't good enough. How could this have happened!"

"Mmm, looking at the transcript of signals so far.....Larkspur.....I'd say frequency drift on their set. Over eagerness of the troops involved. Probably didn't pick up the 'go firm' order. Is the Hereford mob nearby?"


"Only the OP. Another 20 minutes before the assault teams are on the ground. Enough time for it all to turn to ratshit".


"We've still got the girl under surveillance. She could be bait. He risked contacting her before. We also have other members of the cell identified....."

Light blinks on phone. "Brigadier? I want to see arrests or bodies. And if there are any bodies on our side, yours better be among them!"

Right Tom! Get me the SAS commander on the spot. I've got tame journalists at the Mail and News of the World....

"Just the two....?"

"Whatever happens at that bloody farm. I'm going to ensure it's going to be a victory for us!"

Picks up phone again. "Pauline, get hold of Jerry Fowler urgently. He's to meet me in The Swan in an hour's time". 

"Tom, I want you to get down their as fast as possible. Take charge of the scene. Shoot people if you have to...."

 
 

7 comments:

  1. The Sandbaggers - what a fantastic show that was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't think you were old enough?

    Powerful TV. I've added a link to a great fansite in my Timeline Reference Sources.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cracking series; sadly lacking in the Joanna Lumley dept though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say that it wasnt just the Sandbaggers who were suprised on this one; I had plans for cordons, QRFs, the ever popular sniper/OP, the lot .... and what happens?

    Hey ho, off to Amazon to investigate Sandbagger DVDs - leave one for me, lads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happens?.... improvise, adapt, overcome.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not old enough - but we have these wonderful things called DVDs now.

    I got the complete series as a gift a few years back from a pal who knew I liked Le Carre and House of the Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FYI A scene from Tinker Tailor was shot at my house when I was a kid. Alec Guinness and Maureen Lipman I think. I have a photo of Alec somewhere - obviously taken on my daguerreotype!

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete